Assistant Event Manager
£25,000 plus bonus
Assistant Events Manager for this luxury boutique private estate in stunning location in North Yorkshire – £23-25,000 per annum plus bonus – * February 2020 Appointment *
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a well-established luxury high end Wedding and Events operation in achieving company goals and flawless delivery of events. If you are looking for a fresh challenge, or just fancy a change, this assistant role of Assistant Events Manager has a lot to offer. Due to increased business levels in 2019 and looking ahead to 2020 we are looking to add to the existing team.
As Assistant Events Manager, working with an Event Director you will take accountability for your individual customer caseload, to ensure a perfect bespoke event for guests, which creates amazing memories for them to treasure into the future.
This key assistant role will be see you responsible for the end to end customer journey from that very first meeting to the final goodbyes!
This involves initial show round, follow up meetings/calls, providing information and answering queries, providing an event contract, detailed planning meetings and tastings, accurate and detailed notes/record keeping, briefing relevant staff and colleagues ahead of the event, customer billing and finally managing the events themselves (with your event director), ensuring they run seamlessly and exceeding the customer’s needs and wishes.
This assistant event role is critical in ensuring the venue maintains its reputation for quality and excellence, whose standards are second to none, as is the attention to detail.
The Assistant Event Manager will ensure this luxury brand/venue remains a top venue in the UK.
Much of the role will involve planning weddings but it will include other events such as photo shoots, balls, black tie events, house parties and anniversaries.
- Passion for events – demonstrated through the quality of their people, food, service and buildings
- Delivery of extraordinary experiences – by having an eye for detail, delighting the guest, working as a team and making things happen!
Skills and Specifications:
- At least 1 years’ Experience within Events, Hotel F&B, with a keen interest in high end exclusive weddings and events
- Strong organisational skills, ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and strong administrative skills
- Driven and motivated to achieve targets
- Good ability to work well under pressure
- Good numerical skills & financial awareness
- Supervisor/Managerial experience desirable
- Warm and welcoming personality, confident manner with the ability to build strong relationships with customers and colleagues
- Ability to adapt approach to customer
- Excellent problem-solving skills with good judgement and decision-making ability.
- Motivated to deliver and maintain a positive outlook in dealing with difficult issues.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
To be considered for this Assistant Events Manager role near Durham/Richmond, North Yorkshire please send your cv and recent profile photo to Carole Williams at The Recruitment Room – www.therecruitmentroom.co.uk